Friends of Norton School
Registered Charity No. 1042955
Welcome to Friends of Norton School (FONS)
We are an informal group of parents who are focused on raising money to enhance facilities within the school and provide children with additional activities that may not be possible within the school budget. This is done via events and activities which support the whole school experience. We welcome anyone who would like to be involved in whatever capacity they can offer.
Over the past four years we have raised more than £28,000 and here are just a few things we have helped to fund and organise; a new computer system for the library, staging and lighting equipment for the hall, filming of school plays and the amazing Multi Use Games Area (MUGA). This was achieved thanks to the help of many volunteers and the generous support and attendance at school fayres, discos and at a sports challenge for children and parents.
What are we fundraising for this year?
- Advent calendar for every child
- Leavers gift and personnel DVD
- New outdoor play equipment and creative surfacing in the playground
- Two new interactive white boards for the smaller classrooms
- Child friendly improvements to the village hall
What is coming up....
- Teas and coffees before merit assemblies, nativity play and junior play
- Rags 2Riches - second hand clothing collection
- Second hand school uniform
- School tea-towels
- Christmas gift wrapping for parents
- Christmas and Summer Fayres
- Parents social evening - quiz and Chinese meal
- Easter Disco
- Leavers gifts, DVDs and Disco
Helping FONS is a great way to feel really involved with your child’s school and any help you can give is always hugely appreciated. You don’t have to attend meetings to be involved either - just helping out at an event on the day would be fantastic or spotting a good fundraising idea.
Please speak to anyone of the committee. You can keep in touch via facebook or please provide us with a contact e-mail address.
Anna Turner - Chair
Clair Bosley - Secretary
Jo Fortey - Treasurer
Karen Jones - Vice Chair
Kate Tilling - Vice Secretary
- Jane Austin - Vice Treasurer